... Rules Of The Game ...
The fact that you got a degree does not guarantee you a job, and a job will not guarantee you success and a coherent career and success. You will struggle to unlearn everything you learnt in school and college and wander through the formative years trying to learn new things and get smart. However, everyone else is also doing the same and you are stuck in the rat race. Here, the author Sumit D. Chowdhury, shows how to accelerate your career in today's competitive world.
The key is to manage your career as if it were a game. You start with some rules of this game and as you learn and excel, you will discover new rules and invent other rules to differentiate yourself. Fast trackers present themselves well. They build their professional networks. They lead whenever an opportunity presents itself. They invest in themselves. Like any professional sports person, they incorporate uncertainty and volatility into their work and continuously plan and re-plan to their advantage.
This book is not a success mantra. It is aimed to get you to contemplate. It is meant to create an awareness about yourself that will help you discover those particular nuances that could help shape your life. It is designed to give you a head start in your professional life by helping you understand how to orchestrate your own path. The interviews of CEOs alongside, are portals through which you could perceive how the masters of the game learnt the rules and diligently practiced them as early as they could, to make their careers a resonating success. The Rules of the Game empowers you to have an enjoyable career journey without trudging through life fearing change, failures, politics and uncertainty.
- What do you get:
- Transform your thinking to become personally responsible for your career
- Take control over your actions, reactions and thinking processes in each and every interaction in life
- Craft a deliberately impactful career instead of wandering and being accidentally impactful
- Develop teamwork, network and leadership skills effortlessly
- Improve your empathy, etiquette and communication skills
- Develop a way to achieve long term goals through short term milestones
- Learn to learn, unlearn, fail, acknowledge, invest, and transform yourself continuously
- Read how ordinary beginnings can also lead to extraordinarily successful careers
Book Site: www.rulesofthegame.in
Order Online: Indiaorders | Amazon | Flipkart
Email Sumit: Sumit@rulesofthegame.in
Media/Speaking Enquiries: If you have a request or would like to arrange an interview with the author to discuss The Game Plan, or have any other queries, please contact: email@example.com
Link for high resolution image of the author, please click here.
Link for high resolution image of the book cover, please click here.